• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help!!! Cargo Cover for XJ?

Drake00XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have subs in my 2000 4dr XJ and I want to hide them. I want to use a cargo cover but don't know if there is a factory cover. I notice that there are d-rings that screw into the rear side panels of the trunk. Is there a factory cargo cover? Is there an aftermarket cover? A custom cover? Help, I want to hide these from prying eyes.

Drake00XJ said:
I have subs in my 2000 4dr XJ and I want to hide them. I want to use a cargo cover but don't know if there is a factory cover. I notice that there are d-rings that screw into the rear side panels of the trunk. Is there a factory cargo cover? Is there an aftermarket cover? A custom cover? Help, I want to hide these from prying eyes.

Jeepsareus has them, but they've doubled the price since I bought mine six months ago. They also won't fit a tire on a 16" wheel without deflating it a fair amount first.

Last edited:
yeah some of them came from teh factory with covers, check the junkyards...

Ford Exploders also had them, maybe u can mod one of thoes?

I've got a grey factory cargo cover that I took out when my '97 was brand new and threw it in a box.

It's "as new" ................. $50 shipped???

icon7.gif

QUOTE=Drake00XJ]I have subs in my 2000 4dr XJ and I want to hide them. I want to use a cargo cover but don't know if there is a factory cover. I notice that there are d-rings that screw into the rear side panels of the trunk. Is there a factory cargo cover? Is there an aftermarket cover? A custom cover? Help, I want to hide these from prying eyes.[/QUOTE]

crystalship1 said:
I've got a grey factory cargo cover that I took out when my '97 was brand new and threw it in a box.

It's "as new" ................. $50 shipped???

icon7.gif

QUOTE=Drake00XJ]I have subs in my 2000 4dr XJ and I want to hide them. I want to use a cargo cover but don't know if there is a factory cover. I notice that there are d-rings that screw into the rear side panels of the trunk. Is there a factory cargo cover? Is there an aftermarket cover? A custom cover? Help, I want to hide these from prying eyes.
[/QUOTE]

Got pics, if he is not interested it's on our list of things to get. let me know at [email protected]

I'm gonna give Drake a chance to respond as I made him the offer first (fair is fair) and then it looks like "92XJMass" gets second dibs.

Drake...... you want it???
icon7.gif

92XJMass said:
I'll get it.

I don't need this cover. In fact, I have the same gray cover from a 2001 that can be sold. Either 92XJmass can buy mine and BorisT can buy crystalship1. I will sell for $50 shipped too!

Gotcha!! Sounds like a deal then!

Boris, you want mine?? :dunno:

Drake00XJ said:
I don't need this cover. In fact, I have the same gray cover from a 2001 that can be sold. Either 92XJmass can buy mine and BorisT can buy crystalship1. I will sell for $50 shipped too!

Drake00XJ said:

This would be a good arrangement.

The cargo covers on the 97+ are supposed to be attached up high, not down at the floor. The attachment points are intended to be on both sides at 'about' the lower corners of the 1/4 windows.
97-98 covers will be light gray (Gray Mist) while 99-01 are dark gray (Agate).

Do you guys who were wanting to sell your covers still have them? Do you have any pics of them installed?

Back