• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Qs (kinda long)

themud

NAXJA Forum User
Well Im putting it up to 4" of lift and its time to work the steering over anyway (it wanders like hell) and want to know should I go to a inverted t itll cost like (500) quoted by the shop including all stuff and it goes to dodge one ton tie rods or just replace the ends on my current steering and call it a day...Love to make it myself but have no time or tools to make it happen...Feedback would be appreciated from both types of steering users dont plan on going much higher until I get another DD...
Ps anyone know someone out in phx who could build an inverted t for less than the price above please give me their email or #.
TIA
themud:D

You buy the parts(4 wheelers supply has the inserts) and I can weld it up!

themud said:
Well Im putting it up to 4" of lift and its time to work the steering over anyway (it wanders like hell) and want to know should I go to a inverted t itll cost like (500) quoted by the shop including all stuff and it goes to dodge one ton tie rods or just replace the ends on my current steering and call it a day...Love to make it myself but have no time or tools to make it happen...Feedback would be appreciated from both types of steering users dont plan on going much higher until I get another DD...
Ps anyone know someone out in phx who could build an inverted t for less than the price above please give me their email or #.
TIA
themud:D

First of all, do you want to cure your wandering problem or upgrade the steering? You might find that even if you change the tie rod ends, your wandering problem still persists.

Check and make sure that the track bar's TRE is not acting up on you. When I installed my lift, I was cursed by awful steering (wandered like crazy, no straight-ahead position etc), even though the steering TREs were OK. The problem was solved, when the (purchased with the lift) adjustable track bar TRE, was replaced with a bushing end and the appropriate frame mount. In the mean time, I had invested in several other things, which I replaced for no reason, trying to solve the problem.

Rgds

Im already at 3.5" have been for a while and I already have a adj trackbar from RE it has a poly bushing at one end and a heim at the other so its ok...It seems to me to be a bad case of bumpsteer with some worn out tres to boot...
95, 3.5" and armor all around
thanks
themud

themud said:
Im already at 3.5" have been for a while and I already have a adj trackbar from RE it has a poly bushing at one end and a heim at the other so its ok...It seems to me to be a bad case of bumpsteer with some worn out tres to boot...
95, 3.5" and armor all around
thanks
themud

During my investigation of a steering solution, I found the following site:

www.xjworld.4wdriver.com

This conversion is quite economical and I think it is very nice, because it maintains the original knuckles, so you may switch between this setup and the standard setup anytime you wish. I think Zion can build this for you for around 250 US$.

I hope this helps.

Rgds

Back