• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a 242

sukemecuke

NAXJA Forum User
I need an NP242, that will directly bolt in on a 2000 xj. I have the auto tranny which is all they had that year I believe, with the 8.25 axle. I need a direct replacement. I am going to install a better SYE than the one I currently have on my rig and it would be easier to have the case already out. With my limited time to work on it I won't have to worry about having it all done in one day. I can work on it piece by piece and then once I get it all finished do the t-case swap in a weekend. Oh yeah and since this is a fairly new rig I don't want a beat up t-case, with tons of miles on it. 65k would be about as high of mileage I would like to go.

What kind of condition is it in? Is it all in one piece, or would I need to buy parts for it? Right now I am looking for something that is complete, so I pretty much just have to install the H&T and be done with it.

Also find out if it would be a direct swap or not.

its in pretty good condition and it should be a direct swap my friend swapped in a 231 in the place of the 242 before he wrecked his jeep. All in once piece and will be ready to swap in.

I will let you know. That sounds like a pretty good deal, but I have to make sure the girlfriend doesn't care. We are in the planning stages of a wedding and she has put me on a budget. I guess this is a glimpse of what is to come.

sukemecuke said:
I will let you know. That sounds like a pretty good deal, but I have to make sure the girlfriend doesn't care. We are in the planning stages of a wedding and she has put me on a budget. I guess this is a glimpse of what is to come.

just spend the money now, cause if what you described is correct you won't have ANY later.

wouldnt the speed sensor be different from an 87 to an 00

Back