• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I must be a tard

kmagnuss_2000

NAXJA Forum User
So I added some RE 3.5" coils to my 2" spacers today....haven't bought the Adj. track bar yet so I figured I'd just drill a hole for a little while. Yeah, I suck. I drilled it too low and the hole looks more like a upside down U than a circle. So there goes that idea. Crap.

-Keith

whats with the face..i did that with 5 different jeeps and never had a trac bar issue..i currently have mine cut as well.with 9 in lift and 33 boggers..||charles||

dallas xjs said:
whats with the face..i did that with 5 different jeeps and never had a trac bar issue..i currently have mine cut as well.with 9 in lift and 33 boggers..||charles||

Why would you lift an xj 9"? You only need 4.5" to run 33's and I am running 36's on 6" of lift. Also I hope you are sleeving most of the track bar with DOM and plug welding. The track bar is one thing I would not want to booty fab. I assume you are running the inverted y still at that height?
4_11_1.gif
You must have absolutely no drop in your suspension.

Last edited:
you have to be rubbing like hell too.i have zero tire rub.the boggers fit perfect when collapsed.i guess you say iam crazy to cut and weld drivshafts too..iam running an afterfarket bar..it doesnt have the pitman arm style end...also drop trac-bar mount..||charles||

Last edited:
dallas xjs said:
you have to be rubbing like hell too.i have zero tire rub.the boggers fit perfect when collapsed.i guess you say iam crazy to cut and weld drivshafts too..||charles||

Nope, I don't rub at all. bumpstops are your friend.
http://www.picturevillage.com/photo/showpic.php?uuid=3022&aid=5095&pid=233094
http://www.picturevillage.com/photo/showpic.php?uuid=3022&aid=5095&pid=233104
Seriously if you are running the stock steering and trac bar at that much lift it is not verry safe and it doesn't perform well. And it's not crazy to cut and weld d-shafts if you do it right, but not if you are running a slip yoke at 9" of lift.

kmagnuss_2000 said:
no p*ssing contests on my thread!
What is this thread supposed to be about anyway? You told us you fawked up and that was it. :laugh3: 5.5" of lift is beyond just redrilling the bar, part with the $150 an adjustable costs and be done.

Back