• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEEED IMMEDIATE rear axle camber help

XJpax

NAXJA Forum User
My rear axle is out of camber 3x tolerance levels so the vehicle dog trails to the right when i drive. how do i fix it? The alignment shop said a frame shop woudl be able to adjust it, but its not my frame. I need hlep immedaitaley cause I have to drive back to school on monday about 100 miles and dont wanna eat up my tires with awkward wear.

Hmmm, is the tube or housing bent or is the wheel bearing fawked?

I dunno really how you'd fix it if it were not the bearing... and if it was the bearing, I'd think the brakes would get a maulling too

Sounds like a great time to consider axle swaps, unless you know someone with a really big press and stuff to tweak it back.

im gonna drop teh axle and remount it to the leaves and see if i can get it back to normal a bit. im afriad that wheni tightened them down yesterday, i might've tweaker it one way or another. centerpins dopnt always put you right on.

Time out. Camber is when you look at the vehicle from in front or behind, the tops of the tires lean in or out toward or away from the centerline of the vehicle. Since the rear axle is a solid axle assembly, the ONLY way it can have any camber at all is if the axle shaft or the tube is bent. No shop can "adjust" that out, and you can't fix it with a center pin.

Someone trin to scam you.........scan the specs and post up...................I will tell you the readings and what is going on...............camber in the rear can only be from a bent trunion tube or an axle or wheel.....shoot the specs and will see what is going on........................;)

I shoud've beeeter explained, it was the toe-in camber thing. i don't know the proper name for it. i pulled the tires and measured and the drivers side was .6" farhter forward than the left. i fixed it.

ahhh.....................:D

Back