• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ordering Atlas soon, options to consider....

Rob Patterson

NAXJA Forum User
I'm finally ordering an Atlas II, here is what I'm considering:

23 Spline, Left Drop, Atlas 4.3
32 Spline front upgrade with 1310 CV yokes front & rear
XJ 303007L XJ shifter
"Currie" flat rotation case (allows for perfectly flat rotation)
No 1" Spacer (AA says I shouldn't need it and I can trim the output shaft if needed)

This is currently going behind a AX-15 and when I return to the states the ax-15 will be replaced with my NV4500. I fiqure I need a weak link, so I am going to stay with 1310 cv yokes. I already have some Six States driveshafts that were used in my old MJ that need to be shortened. The shafts were set up for Ford 9" yokes, but I seem to remeber NAPA 429 U-joint that is a crossover U-joint for jeep yokes. I know that the floor is going to require modifications for the shifter and the flat rotation.

Can anyone think of anything else I'm missing?

You will need a 1" spacer unless you fab up your own cross member and transmission mount. Even with the 1" spacer you'll need to notch the cross member and trim about a 1/4" off the trailing edge of the transmission mount where it bolts to the transmission.
If you want a flat rotation you'll have to do a lot of floor work, the Atlas is big.

Back