• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 question

I dont see a pic but I kinda get the idea. the roll pin doesnt come out then... it just moves down enough to release the center pin? then to put it back in you just punch it back the other way? is that correct? Or does the roll pin come all the way out?

Last edited:
doh!

locker11.jpg

that better? :D

it doesn't have to come all the way out, but for peace of mind I'd replace it with a new one.

cool the picture helps! Ive found the pin does it punch down toward the ring gear? does it matter which direction it goes?

YES, towards the Ring Gear

Be carefull not to damage the pin inside, its does not need to come all the way out on the carrier.

when i put in a quick-loc in my 44 i had to pull the carrier out and remove the ring gear to get the pin to clear. 3.55 gears. i would of had to grind off way too much material on the gear to have clearence for the pin so the gear had to come off. if you do this make sure to make sure the gear go on in the same position as taken off.

Back