• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ rock rails which ones??

Los11

NAXJA Forum User
Did a search found some good info, but I am still wondering what would be the best choice, I like Aj's but I have emailed him and he has not responded at all and it looks like it takes a while to get his product. RockyRoad I have seen fail and bend in a previous post, I dont know if anybody has ran the rigidco. They are a little different with the 45 degree angle it seems like that would make them fail cause they are bent up already. I need some rock rails cause I have dent the rocker slightly already. Any help with what people have ran and seen alot of abuse and still held up well, thanks for the help.

If you cant build your own....JKS Super Nerfs....The only way to go!

Ajs offroad... He hasnt got back to me yet, and it seems it will take a while to get them. The detours fawk them $435 is way to much for those things. Anybody else have any suggestions, I really dont like the JKS supernerfs. RockyRoad??? Anybody have any info on the Rigid CO

AFIK AJ isnt recovered from his health issues yet (bad finger IIRC) he makes some real good stuff.. if you looked a lil closer at the DETOURS rails they are a frame stiffener as well, not just a rock rail... worth the $$ if ou twist/flex your rig alot...

i have rocky roads..not the steprails though the regular ones. I havent done any super hard trails but they have saved my rockers from damage. I have come down on them pretty damn hard and they didnt flinch...they only damage is some scrapes of the powder coat...im pretty happy with them. they are 1/4 steel so id be pretty suprised if i could bend em...plus if i did RR would replace them

I hear ya I just dont want to spend $435 on them , I want to stay at the 200 range.... So I guess my choices are Rocky Road, C4x4 which I have his F&R bumpers and love, or the Rigid Co. As for AJoffroad that sucks about his finger ,but I dont want to wait like a month for the rails you know...

Man, those detoursusa rock rails seem pretty stout... but hell im a sucker for advertising, I know absolutely nothing about armoring my rig, but that's gonna come soon... this ? about the rock rails is one i had ploanned on asking also... hope to get some good info out if it!

I have beaten the hell out of my Rustys double tube sliders, just tighten the bolt every now and then and your set

Los11 said:
I hear ya I just dont want to spend $435 on them , I want to stay at the 200 range.... So I guess my choices are Rocky Road, C4x4 which I have his F&R bumpers and love, or the Rigid Co. As for AJoffroad that sucks about his finger ,but I dont want to wait like a month for the rails you know...
Well it depends! Do you have a peace of sh.it you don't care about? Get anything! If you have a rig that is nice like mine, Get Detours! they are pricey but they are worth there weight in gold. I have them and they have saved me $thousands in body damage. They fit exact and are strong as you can get. Look at the way most bolt up and then look at detours, it's a no brainer!

Check them out on my photo site!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v458/NorthernPride24241/

My .02

Northern Pride said:
Well it depends! Do you have a peace of sh.it you don't care about? Get anything! If you have a rig that is nice like mine, Get Detours! they are pricey but they are worth there weight in gold. I have them and they have saved me $thousands in body damage. They fit exact and are strong as you can get. Look at the way most bolt up and then look at detours, it's a no brainer!

heres a better picture of the Mark's system installed... good angle and lighting... :pirate1:

17bottom-med.jpg

sidriptide said:
AFIK AJ isnt recovered from his health issues yet (bad finger IIRC) he makes some real good stuff.. if you looked a lil closer at the DETOURS rails they are a frame stiffener as well, not just a rock rail... worth the $$ if ou twist/flex your rig alot...
I am back to work, probably never goto the dr again for the rest of my life after that fiasco! I'm about 2-3 weeks behind on rails, thinking of making a DIY set where all the steel is cut,drilled,hardware included...cheap of course.

AJsArmor said:
I am back to work, probably never goto the dr again for the rest of my life after that fiasco! I'm about 2-3 weeks behind on rails, thinking of making a DIY set where all the steel is cut,drilled,hardware included...cheap of course.
Hey AJ! I was just checking out your site, you got some nice stuff! :thumbup:

I have super nerfs from the original ORGS, now JKS. My sister just purchased Custom's and they look good, but I'm not sure their mounting to the uni-frame is better than the super nerfs. I do like those detours that sidriptide posted, they look pretty beefy and they have the frame stiffner incorporated.

If I was to do it again, I would take a hard look at those detourusa's.

Good luck,
Tom

Check out shrockworks too, dunno if they make n e thing for the XJ, but the stuff they make for YJ's and TJ's are bomb proof. super thick and wrap under all the way past the body mounts and come up about 5.5 inches to cover the whole rocker..... and they look sweet!!!! -Andy

Back