• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cruise Control

heyhar

NAXJA Forum User
The cruise control on my '92 usually works fine, but every once in a while will cut out (usually when a tractor trailer is tail-gating!). It seems more likely in cooler or damper weather, but it may surprise me at any time. The electrical connections seem fine, and I replaced the vacuum hose, although the old one was fine, and it was clear. I've also tried different ports on the manifold, all to no avail. My next step is to replace the unit, but if this isn't the problem, I will have wasted money and not fixed the problem. TIA for any ideas.

Have you verified with a pump and gauge that the system is holding vacuum?

Hey dude I have the same prob in my 91. Whenever it cuts off I just reach behind the little control arm and jiggle the wires at the base. That will get it going again for awhile until it decides it wants to act up again. Worth a try... hope that helps

Thanks all for the responses. I swapped the servo from my son's '95, and it worked fine for about an hour, then it started acting up again. The vacuum end of it is fine.

Back