• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sye and driveshaft with the 3.5 re superflex

If you have a later model XJ then yes, you will need one. To give you a specific answer I'd have to know what year your Jeep is. :)

When asking tech questions please make sure to state at LEAST some basic info about what you have so we can assist. :D

When I had that lift, an 8.25 rear end, and a 231, I needed to install a SYE. My jeep was undrivable with awful driveshaft vibes on deceleration.

I have a 99 Classic, 8.25 rear, 231, with this lift and RE 4 degree shims and I'm happy to say I've been vibeless since it was installed about 6 months ago. Still saving for a SYE/Driveshaft though!
-Dave

Jes said:
When I had that lift, an 8.25 rear end, and a 231, I needed to install a SYE. My jeep was undrivable with awful driveshaft vibes on deceleration.
This was my same problem, with the 3.5" superflex kit. I ended up going with the Tom Woods SYE for my 242 and got the CV d-shaft too. It's well worth the money! I've had 0 problems since I put it on! You will eventually need one.

Back