• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

going bigger

poolespond

NAXJA Forum User
My rear leafs are starting to sag and I am getting some inchitis. Currently I have RE 4.5" coils and .75" spacers in the front and in the rear I have AAL with 2" blocks. Rusty's UCAs and LCAs and track bar with bracket.
I would really like to go to 5.5" or 6" but don't have the funds to buy a whole new kit. Is it possible to throw a new rusty's 6" rear leaf pack with .75" shackles and 6.5" front springs with the control arms and track bar that I have? Also, with the 231 T-Case would I need an SYE etc...?

Thanks,
Ian
BTW- My XJ is a '94

You can do that, but once you go up to 6.5", you'll need to do either drop brackets or long arms. The angles will suck and I'm sure you will hate it.

Definetly will need an SYE for 6.5"..and you also might have some steering issues too.

thanks, I think I am going to stay with the 4.5" and just get new leaf packs with the .75" shackles. I don't have the money or time to buy everything I would need to go to 6.

thanks,
ian

Back