• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weatherstripping Replacement

DannyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
The weatherstripping on my 91 XJ is pretty thrashed and it is causing lots of wind noise. There are a couple of parts where there is a small gap between the weatherstipping and the door frame. What is the best way to go about replacing the stipping. Are there any querks I should know about and would it be better to go OEM or aftermarket universal weatherstipping. TIA

I have used JC WHITNEY catalog to find exact fit replacement weather stripping on other vehicles .I would assume they got something for jeep.

Factory is the way to go........................:D ..................I forget the dealership..........but they are online and sell 10% over cost........................................;)

Dont want to steal the guys thread but we dont have any dealers out here online,sure would be appreciated if somebody knows of dealers online.Some parts are definately better to go oem rather than aftermarket.

How Much From Dealer

How much is dealer weather stripping going to put me back.

I checked the dealer last year sometime and they wanted 36.00 per door. Ouch, I need all four and the hatch also. I'm waiting for a decent late model XJ to hit the wrecking yard here.

DannyXJ said:
The weatherstripping on my 91 XJ is pretty thrashed and it is causing lots of wind noise. There are a couple of parts where there is a small gap between the weatherstipping and the door frame. What is the best way to go about replacing the stipping. Are there any querks I should know about and would it be better to go OEM or aftermarket universal weatherstipping. TIA

Try This for a replacement Weatherstripping

Back