• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slip Yoke Eliminator (SYE) - where can I get one?

mhead

NAXJA Forum User
I'm about to toss a D44 under in the back, replacing the D35. I'll have to shorten my existing drive shaft. The local driveline shop wants $100 for this.

Maybe I should spend my $100 on a SYE... Could I get the proper length drive shaft as a part of this? Where can I get SYE?

SYE kits go anywhere from $100-300 and that doesnt include the Driveshaft.The price varies with the year and XF case type!

with a sye you will need a cv driveshaft. There are a few package deals on the web for an A/A sye and a Tom Woods cv shaft for around $450.00.

Last edited:
Paid 500 for the SYE (AA) and the Tom Woods Shaft.
Check the Tom Woods site for package deals.

BTW, When I put in the D44, the shaft length difference was not an issue. (8.25 to D44)

PETEY said:
with a sye you will need a cv driveshaft. There are a few package deals on the web for an A/A sye and a Tom Woods cv shaft for around $450.00.

the CV style shaft is preferred with a SYE, but not required.

Thanks for the advice.

Did a hunt on the 'net and discovered that Tom Wood can be found at http://www.4xshaft.com/ (just for the record).

Well....$400 is a lot. It's only $100 to have my existing shaft cut down the inch or so required. I'll think on it!

Maybe DaffyXJ is right... I'll just put it under and have a look. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Back