• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My very first Lift

el_spico

NAXJA Forum User
I need suggestions on a lift. I have a 90 Xj Laredo and after doing a couple things here and there and taking it to Los Coyotes a few weeks ago I decided it was time for a lift. I have been to many sites and they all claim to have the best lift for the money, but I don't buy it. I need to know which lift is of better quality because I don't want to buy a new one one or two years down the road. I have heard from a friend of mine that rusty's or rubicon express is th way to go, but he doesn't know so he suggested you guys. Please help!

I asked this same question a while back. It has been asked by others as well. If you do a search you may be able to find those threads. The short of it is that it depends upon how much you are willing to spend, what size tires you hope to run, how much actual offroading you do, etc. If you give more info I think that we can provided better recommendations.

People here typically recommend rubicon express stuff (although there are exceptions). I bought the RE 3.5 inch lift after going over the threads on this site as well as starting my own thread with a similar question to the one you've asked. You also ought to be aware that lifting a jeep can cost a lot of $$. The cost of the lift is just the beginning. Your rig will never drive the same either (others can speak to this better than I can).

I think people here like RE (rubicon express) lifts because they are very complete (come with lots of parts/hardware that other lifts expect you to go out and find on your own--although few lifts are truly complete, maybe a 2" budget boost), and are upgrade-able. They don't have the snazzy colors of other lifts (bright reds and yellows) so if that is important to you go with SkyJacker or else just spraypaint the RE parts. Anyway, hope this helps.

Clay

el_spico said:
I need suggestions on a lift. I have a 90 Xj Laredo and after doing a couple things here and there and taking it to Los Coyotes a few weeks ago I decided it was time for a lift. I have been to many sites and they all claim to have the best lift for the money, but I don't buy it. I need to know which lift is of better quality because I don't want to buy a new one one or two years down the road. I have heard from a friend of mine that rusty's or rubicon express is th way to go, but he doesn't know so he suggested you guys. Please help!

Full Traction
www.full-traction.com

I run the new long arm kit. clears 33's with out any cutting. bullet proof design, and quality workmanship. check'em out.

I am hoping to run 33"-35's and I don't wheel a whole bunch but when I do I usually end up riding B***h with someone instead of actually getting to enjoy the trails and have fun because they all have bigger rigs, I'm not saying that money is not a problem but I don't mind spending some.

Back