• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Locker for a D30

Niether, spend a little more on a selectable.
You do tight trails don't you?
You want to steer 90% of the time, not be binding into trees.
I'm sure the flaming will start now, but look at Goatman's post on single best mods and add a 2low to yours if you go non-selectable.
The cash I spent on a LocRite was a waste towards my ARB except a learning process.

Last edited:
If you are dead set on drop in locker, then go with the aussie. They have a better waranty, and from what I have heard and seen are stronger.

i love my lock right and have had no issues with it at all

Ramsey said:
i love my lock right and have had no issues with it at all
I second that though. I’m sure The Aussie is at least as good. But if I were to do it agine I would just go with a mini spool. Then if you feel like its pushing (never do on the rocks) get 2low.

Unless you have a disco axle or hubs, DO NOT DO A SPOOL IN THE FRONT. 2-low won't help you and your steering will be awful. I run a full detroit in my front 30 and love it. A selectable would be nicer, but way more expensive.

Just ran the rubicon with my Aussie and loved it. The steering is not bad at all I had no problems in the tight spots. The locker never made a peep or I should say pop and wow what a differance having the front locked YOU WILL LOVE IT!!! I am not sure what all the hype is about steering with an auto locker I seriously had NO problems. On the slabs the steering feel was a little tighter but still better than my wifes stock WJ in 2wd !!

My vote is for the aussie

I love my lock right, cheap mod and easy to install in 45 min to an hour. Just have to get used to driving with a little more brute force in 4WD, do an axle shaft upgrade if you do heavy wheelin', not fun when you bust an axle shaft, and upgrade/ replace those u joints as well, you'll find all the weak spots in the front end if you don't.

get the aussie i love mine never had a prob and their cheep o and def go with the front first. think about it on any hill climb you front tires are unweighted and with an open diff one starts spinning while the other stays put while climbing most of the weight is on the rear keeping both tires with good traction.

jeepme said:
Just ran the rubicon with my Aussie and loved it. The steering is not bad at all I had no problems in the tight spots. The locker never made a peep or I should say pop and wow what a differance having the front locked YOU WILL LOVE IT!!! I am not sure what all the hype is about steering with an auto locker I seriously had NO problems. On the slabs the steering feel was a little tighter but still better than my wifes stock WJ in 2wd !!

My vote is for the aussie

Is the Aussie undetectable in 2wd mode? I never had 1 up front, I have an arb which I love, but because the Aussie, lock-rite, etc lunchbox locker lets a small amt of diff between the 2 wheels, it should be pretty manageable. My arb acts like a spool when locked and I can only imagine how hard it would be to drive like that all the time. I ask because my brother-in-law is most likely getting a TJ dana 30 with 4.88 gears & a Rusty's steering conv cheap locally and then I suggest to him that he shouldn't throw alot more $$ into the dana 30 so a lunchbox locker like a lock-rite or Aussie would be good. Really how liveable is an auto locker up front without hubs or a disco of some kind? Is it very mild in 2 wd?
Troy

Back