• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust pipes: Quadratec or Autozone?

gw204

NAXJA Forum User
Gents,

I'm hoping you could tell me if there is any difference in the quality and/or construction of the exhaust pipes available through Quadratec and Autozone? My '91 XJ w/ 192K needs some new exhaust and while I certainly don't need the best parts around, I don't want to put garbage on there.

I noticed on Quadratec that the price of a tailpipe for 93'-96' and '97'-'98 XJs is almost three times that of the price of a tailpipe for my '91. What is the difference? Are the tailpipe on the later models mandrel bent? If so, would one of those fit my '91?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Brian

sounds like a "performance" exhaust to me. The Autozone stuff isnt going to be the best around, but honestly how many years do you expect to have it last? You can replace it three times and break even? how much is shipping? factor that in as well. Personally I am going to buy a cheap muffler (summit $14) and have a local shop bend some pipes. Probably $100 out the door. I feel if it lasts a year, its paid for....

not for nothin but a few months ago I got the Dynomax system from summitracing.com for my 89 Limited. The price was only $89 and like 9 dollars flatrate shipping.... not a bad deal for 2.5" mandrel bent-aluminized, muffler, and all clamps and adapter........ just my 2 cents

I don't know what part of the exhaust you're looking for, but Napa sells pretty good stuff for what I thought was a good price. Something like $18 for the tailpipe and maybe $22 or so for the pipe coming out of the manifold. I put mine on well over a year ago and it's still looking basically brand new...

Gotta watch that NAPA stuff, Dad had one of their mufflers on his '90 and it gave up within a matter of months! He normally uses Maremont exhaust on the other XJ's and mom's van (which has factory dual tailpipes, that Napa keeps telling him never existed, yet we've had two of these vans, 9 years apart, that had that system on them and Maremont makes). I'm debating that brand or going back to get a factory Mopar system (Lou's Sales and Service in Geneva, IL has a decent price on them) for my '98 Limited.

Back