• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lambo Doors

Gridikal

NAXJA Forum User
Hmmm... Two friends of mine are getting a kit to do it to their rangers- they said that since they dont make a kit for the XJ that I couldnt do it- I SURE would like to prove them wrong. Only I have no clue where to start lol- and I'm sure it could be done cheaper than the 700$ they paid for their kits.

true true... but where I go there are no rice'ers to witness- every get stuck between 2 trees and cant open your doors?- I hate crawling out the window

i think they would be pretty cool, if i could afford it and had not already hacked at my doors i would do it just because

Oh please...no.

...and there is nothing wrong with street oriented Jeeps.

*Not trying to hijack or start anything - it just bugs me when folks are one-sided about things - how does that look to new members?* rant off

I watched/help put a set on a 03 vette, kinda neat and on that it's all in the hinges, total replacment and some door adjustment but it was having to cut the back of the removed fender lip that got me nervous.... and I wan't even doing the cutting LOL.... just three of us holding that fender rock steady on the back deck while the fender was trimmed. othewise it was all bolt on. The only other issue was the length of the electrical cables for windows, door locks, mirrors, etc but the kit came with a new split conduit to replace the factory one. The only reason I could see putting them on an XJ is if the 'kit' improves the poor hinges that are on them from the factory..

I was going to try to do this to my Cavalier- had some parts to do it too, but then I got rearended, and I have that accident to thank for my jeep.

db_ghost said:
forgive me, if the question is dumb... but what is a lambo door? any pix?
doors like on a Lambo(rghini). They open upwards, scissor doors.

Back