• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how much for another 2 inches?

Silverstreak01

NAXJA Forum User
whats up everybody. i have a 2001 with a 3 inch skyjacker lift and a 2inch shackels in the back ( i have a warn rear bumper) so it saged the leafs a bit. i want to go another 2.5 inches with acos up front and 2inch blocks out back. i have a sye and cv shaft going in. and i already have tcase drop. what do i need . are my skyjacker control arms going to need to go. i know qaudratec has new longer upper and lower control arms for 4-6 inch lifts. stainless brake lines.. drop pitman arm? adj tracbar.. I want to do it right.. do i have to do it all at once unless some stuff can wait a few weeks,

2 inches is expensive. acos $200. tomken 2inch blocks 85$, upper and lower controll arms 450$, tomken stainless brake lines 100$ adj trac bar 210$ anything else?

i have cut my fenders and going to go from 31 1050s bfg ats to 33 1250 bfg mts
so i guess shocks are going to be an issue to? i have the skyjacker nitro shocks

thanks for any help guys
keith

you will also need the shocks yes ...... and i would say since you are putting so much money into anyway, get the hight leaf springs and coils you want do a full lift. rather then have blocks in the rear and spacers ya know

blocks will wear out the leaves you already have. just get some leaves, definently better. If you are going to 33's you may want gears if it is a dd. But I wouldn't do that until you are ready for axles, and then lockers, and, and, and.....ahhhhh!

yeah, ditch those blocks man! especially if youre already a little saggy in the ass. I know some packs for sale on naxja, hell i think Phunk is selling her 4.5" packs for like 150, so get those for a steal and youll be way ahead. i still think ACOS is a good investment if you can afford it, because we all know youre gonna want to go higher, or add a winch and stuff up front later. coils are cheap, so get the ACOS if you can. your shocks are gonna be short, but for the rears, if you can weld, just relocate your shock mounts up higher on the axle if youre cheap like me. Trackbar and LCAs are also a great idea, SYE as well....UCAs can wait, as well as a DPA (unless you get a great deal or something).
-Bennett

I think you could buy a full 4.5-5 inch kit from any good company for what your talking about spending. If you do this you will have full hight coils and full leaf packs. I think the flex and ride would be way better. If you have the money to spend, go with a full new lift, and sell your old one for what ever.

thanks for you help guys. im really happy with the skyjacker 3 inch . and the 2 inch shackels ( all pretty much brand new) actually has the back sitting about an inch higher then it used to be.. i have already cut my fenders. but i just wanted the extra 2 inches. so im looking at acos. brake lines. maybe a new 4.5 rear leaf pack and keep the shackels . its just basicly for running around around town some wheelin . i dont put tons of miles on it im in the coast guard and work 15 days a month. and the uca's and lca's and shocks can wait for a little? thanks again guys i know it would be cheaper in the long run to just get rid of the skyjacker lift.(700) + 80 for the shackels but all the reds off ( love new england salty winters) and i wouldnt get near what i paid for it. id rather just build on it. i would get RE 5.5 but its 1400$ even if i get new longer upper and lowers. brake lines, drop pitman? adj trac bar. its going to be like a grand.. i realy doubt i could get 400 for my skyjacker kit. and not to mention the install. ripping it all out . and starting from scratch. and if i adjust the acos up front to a full 2.5 or 3 and a 4.5 leaf spring out back with the 2 inch shackels will sit me higher anyway.

Silverstreak01 said:
i want to go another 2.5 inches. keith

I think you can try it for free.
2002-04-18-inside-enzyte.jpg

I'll sell you my RE6130, 4.5" Super-Flex Lift fron Rubicon Express....$800 Brand New, not a single piece has been installed on anything...and i'll even meet ya half way to your house to drop it off so you can forget shipping charges...let me know if you're interested, my jeep is off the road until i can come up with $1,000 to get my insurance re-instated...
you said you don't want to start all over again, but i figured I'd give it a go...

jeepaudiophile-

hey thanks anyway man. i im not doing this til after xmas anyway. i got a rocker rails . door guards , ajs front bumper and tons of other stuff in the works before this anyway. were do you live? new englad.? let me know later man

i live in Worcester, MA but work in Boston... Hell, i'm out at Lincoln gambling like once a week. I didn't think you'd want it, but figured i'd give it a shot...

Back