• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

header

smallxj

NAXJA Forum User
ok so what header is everyone running i cracked my stock one then i got a headmen put on like 6 months ago anit s craked now so what do you guys run?

It would help to know what year and engine size your Jeep is.
I would search, as there is a lot of info out there about headers.
But, most people have Banks, Borla and others like that.

Mike Leach/Mopar Performance header for the XJ I6. It's priced at $550.00, which is below jobber cost. This is a true long tube header, and really makes a big power difference, particularly in the mid to high rpm range. This header has a lifetime warranty, and uses 14 gauge tubing, with 1/2" laser cut flanges -- the heaviest in the industry. I'm attaching a photo so you can see how gorgeous they are.

I run a banks torque tube header. Costs around $375. Nice product, very well built, added some hp with the TBS. Note that I'm partial to banks, since I have a Dodge Cummins truck and use their products on it, too.

I cracked my Gibson on my 94, now i'm running the Thorley and very pleased with it.

Im happy with my borla, but ive heard great things about banks. if this ever cracks, ill give the torque tube a try...the ML header being longtube is very attractive tho. Its a good idea to spring for some sort of ceramic coating (either as an option, or outsource it) when you first get it
-Bennett

I like my Borla, even with the stock exhaust on it, it still sounded okay. I cant say if I noitced any power though, since it went in with a new engine.

If you go Borla though, just watch your clearance to the front d/s yoke. I didn't, and found out the hard way that it didn't clear one night up at ol' Reiter.

I just put on a Banks Torque Tube Header about 2 months ago and love it. The only problem I have is the pipe connecting the header to the cat rattles against my skid plate. Great product although the install was pretty involved.

BORLA !!!!

Do it right the first time!

i like my borla allot, its been 3 years with zero complaints. The banks came out after i got my borla, so it was a no brainer for me in 2001. Borla was the only thing out there worth a crap. The borla if i remember is t304 stainless, and the banks is 6061 which is a higher quality steel. Also the banks is unique in that it is welded on the inside also. I really like the banks on paper but have not owned one myself. I don't think you can go wrong with the banks or borla. Banks would be first choice today with borla a close second, everyone else a waaaaaaaaaay distant third.

header yes..hedman,,spelling might be a issue..pleanty of devil drink right now.company is not a issue..any header works.just make sure its name brand...||charles||

Back