• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much have people paid for used XJ44 shafts

wannabe said:
Just what the title says. Trying to work out a price with someone. thankx
well I heard them go from about $30 each upwards. FYI you can get a new TJ shaft for about $125 (give or take) and all you need to do is swap out the backing plate on it.
OH, and depending on how the shafts look, keep in mind that you might be in for a seal and bearing and retainer replacement and those all addup to about $40 per side IIRC (give or take a few bucks), so figure that and the fact that its a PITA to do press them off (ok, some cut them off but you still have to press them on) I wouldn't pay more then $50 per shaft (unless seals and bearings look brand new or near brand new)
HTH

A whole axle out here is $100 at a U-pull, and up in Denver they are as low as $50. So if I was looking for them around here, I wouldn't wanna pay much. If I needed spares, I might just get new TJ's like Kejtar suggested and work them.

-Rich

Back