• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fan switch

bigjoe

NAXJA Forum User
Will this Auto Zone switch work in a '97 or newer?
I have an '01 and would like my fan to run at a cooler temp. as well as continue to run after I shut it down. I'm new at this thread stuff so please bear with me until I learn the ropes.
Thanks,
Joe

just find the hot and neg going into the fan, and hook up a relay and a switch, hardest part is mounting the switch

Bigjoe --

I don't why it wouldn't. You're basically just installing an additional way for your fan to receive power. I posted the part number on the other aux. fan thread.

It's universal, and you can also adjust it to cut on whenever you want. And it will definitely stay on after you shut down the engine.

Or actually, if it wasn't on, it will cut on maybe a few minutes or so after you've shut down seeing as how sitting there might heat things up a bit temporarily. (Makes you be a little extra careful in the fan area if when you decide to open up the hood of the hot engine and tinker around a little. Even more so than normal, you never know when it'll decide to cut on...)

Chad

Be careful and dont smoke the Fan Driver in the PCM when trin to overide the fan relay .................

The slickest way is to run a wire to engage the relay, thats what I did on my 87 but its diffrent for your vehicle, I don't know what it would do to your pcm, you could always put in a diode I suppose.

Back