• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

good place for freezw 12/ better conversion than R134A

I have used the Freeze 12 and am happy with it. Some folks at an AC shop tried to scare me away from it and going with their more expensive option. I have had it in my system for 2 years now and have no problem.
BSD

I seriously considered Duracool. So much that I even bought enough to charge up the XJ twice over with it. But I later learned I was only slightly slow on R12 so I just had it recharged. Now the Duracool is collecting dust.........

Be careful what refrigerants you put in your system !!!!
Some are synthetic replacements such as R-12a which use Propane as a main component... As all of you know.... Propane can become explosive when in the right proportions.
IF refrigerant leaks out and the components separate..... well you get the idea......
There are other alternatives to R-134a (ie. R-406 and 409a) that have better cooling properties, but unfortunately you need a CFC license to purchase them.

Charles

Back