• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Input on Dunlop Mud ROvers

algeroth79

NAXJA Forum User
Thinking of purchasing a set of 31 10.50 mud rovers.
would like to know what people think.
These are going on a daily driver (60 miles per day)
1990 Xj 4.0 non HO 3.55 gears automatic.

or should I just go with the crowd favorite BFG All-Terrains same size.

I have them on my Wife's DD 31x10.50's, and they've been on there for a little over a year. I think they're wearing fairly well, they've got probably 15k on them, and I think they could go another 15k, though they'll only be good for wheeling for another 10k. Probably the best part about them is that I can get them for about $80/tire from Sams club out here! They also do extremely well on the trail, never had a problem on the rocks, or the mud.

:thumbup:

A friend runs 35s on his YJ for the trail. He likes them because they are cheap. They have very soft tread and grip well but their side walls are very thin and soft, but hold up to some serious abuse.

--Matt

I had a set for a few years.
I think that they run small for a 31" tire. They did well in the mud, but wore quickly and were quite loud.

My .02

i love mine, they do well and are dirt cheap. i have a tendency to wear through tires very quickly and these have held up pretty good, since january i have put on around 16k on them, that is hard road rock mud sand roots. they have some superficial cuts on them, they are pretty soft. they have at least half the tread left.

I absolutely loved my Mud Rovers, they outperformed all kinds of more expenive tires that my friends run. They hold up very well offroad. Some of the places we wheel have a lot of sharp rock hills and never had any trouble with strength even aired down.

I have them right now, bought then cause Sam's Club had them for 79 bucks a piece. I will get another set when these are worn out.

Cheap, fairly tough. A hell of lot more tire than an MTR ever thought of being.

Sidewall is pretty stiff, aired down to 15 psi they don't get much squat.

I don't know about their rock performance, we simply don't have much here in the Midwest. Trails and mud, and they perform well in both.

They are kinda loud for a DD for my taste, but make an excellent second set of tires.

I've got 32x11.5x15 on my cherokee. They wore down pretty fast for me, but I've got a heavy foot. They are cheap tires, good quality, and the sidewall has held up fine for me at 15 psi. I got mine for about $95 each, so I think I'll go that same route again, just with 33's now :)

xjeerper, how many miles did you get out of em.

I'll agree on the wear; they are soft but I'm doing a 5-tire rotation to try to get as much mileage as possible out of them. Noise? I've got enough of that from rattles and creaks that I can't track down so tire noise isn't a problem...

never ran them, but can add one more great expierence for the BFG All-Terrains

man i love thoes tires (even a 235/75r15 they out do my friend in his tj with 30" goodyear mtr's)

Just like these but cheaper....

discovererSTT.jpg

almost just like those, which are also great tires. the center treads are slightly more pointy

I ran BFG all terrains and Dunlop Mud rovers in the 33x12.50 flavor.

blew out two BFG sidewalls, Never had problems w/ the mud rovers.

Dunlop > BFG

I've got them, actually in the Remington Mud Brute variety (same manufacture):
xjpose.jpg

They're loud and hell on the road and wander A LOT on the pavement, I can live with that. They connect to the road well, I haven't had a traction problem, but I'm not sure if I've ever used them in the rain. I've had them on for six months or so now, probably about 8,000 miles, so I can't comment on longevity.

On the trail they seem to connect well, I ran them at about 12psi in rock and once I put it in 4WD it pulled me right over stuff.

They SUCK in dune sand, but that's a unique situation :)

Sequoia

I've been running a set of 32-11.5s for about 5000 miles now and they're a great tire. I just came across a set of 33s so these are for sale.

I run Remington Mud Brutes 235/75/15 on my Jeep. They are quite a bit aloud but I like how the tread looks :). But this is the first pair of Offroad tires so I cant really compare them to anything, but for the price, $86-ish?, twas better than going with SuperSwamper's for $126 a piece.

Next set of tires I wanna try is Hankook's "Dynamic MT RT01", Thats if they are reasonlly priced. Any of you heard anything about these tires?

I was gonna run the Mud Rovers but the tire shop I go to was out at the time. Eh....

Back