• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone know of a place for an ABS gas tank replacement?

ADVNTURR

I worry when rattles stop
Hey all,

I dropped my gas tank skid plate the other week when installing my lift and sort of not so suprisingly I found that my gas tank is starting to rust pretty bad. Because I am on the war path to replace everything that can rust with things that can't on my 91 I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that sold ABS instead of steel gas tanks. Thanks for any ideas.

ok, this might not be much help, but I think they had a story in the last 4 Wheeler mag about this. I cant find it now, but I know I read it somewhere. I think they were putting one in a red F-Series that they are running a build up on. The company they used had many applications...

My 2000 came with a plastic tank,Dont know if it will interchange though!

ADVNTURR said:
I am on the war path to replace everything that can rust with things that can't
Ahh a fellow New Yorker. I feel your pain man! Every mod we make has long-term rust repercussions (spelling). I undercoated the crap outta my rocker guards and am dreading the salty onslaught that's just around the corner for us. I hate rust!
Oh yeah and my 2000 also has the plastic tank. I'd think it'd slide right in. There's at least two of them that I saw in my local junkyard. You should be able to find one easy.
f-rust

Back