• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What channel on CB do you use?

i came from California. there i used 21 while wheelin and 23 when i was in camp, freeway, 19 or 17...
Everyone around here (as far as wheeling) uses 5 and if that is busy go to 10 then to 15 and so on... Going to high will probably make some people not able to talk/listen, as there are 30 chanel CB's and 40 chanel CB's...

kmagnuss_2000 said:
Just curious, what channel do you guys normall use while wheelin?

The common ones seem to be 4 and 16 (4x4=...) around here.

What about when you're on the freeway? Is there a channel that truckers normally use?

In California, it seems to be 19. Dunno about the rest of the country, but I've also heard them on 14 and 30.

19 seems to be the Trucker channel.
I use 5 most of the time, but It really isn't that important cause you can change it. Isnt there a thread going on in Off Topic about this too?

edit: Here it is

Last edited:
it is tech. a CB is absolutely 'tech'. And since I've never seen a cherokee that came with a CB as an option from the factory, it's 'modified tech'. go whine at your gears

:)

BrettM said:
aren't 9 and 19 supposed to be for emergencies only?

9 is, the rest are for open communication. 19 is sort of the de facto trucker channel, but is by no means reserved for it. 9 is quasi-monitored: law enforcement listens to it in some areas; in others there are volunteer groups such as REACT that keep an ear out.

And FWIW, I hear a lot of Spanish on 9 around here too. It's entirely possible you're picking up skip from Mexico, particularly if you're getting it at night.

kmagnuss_2000 said:
it is tech. a CB is absolutely 'tech'. And since I've never seen a cherokee that came with a CB as an option from the factory, it's 'modified tech'. go whine at your gears

:)

What Channel you use has nothing to do with modifying a jeep. This doesn't even belong in "Other Tech" It's a freakin random question about what CB channel people use. Would it be tech if I asked what color seat covers everyone uses or what flavor air freshner everyone had?

i agree. this should be in the random bullshit section

basalt51 said:
What Channel you use has nothing to do with modifying a jeep. This doesn't even belong in "Other Tech" It's a freakin random question about what CB channel people use. Would it be tech if I asked what color seat covers everyone uses or what flavor air freshner everyone had?

I have some Camo Seat Covers I got at Walmart for 5$ and A "Sweet Smell of Money" Air Freshner. Doesnt really smell like money, but a $100 bill hanging from my mirror looks sweet.

Back