• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

upgraded front 3link

Immortal

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have Rockkrawlers "old" 3link set up. I was curious as to who has there "ugraded" 3link set up. From what I could tell in the Rockkrawler pictures it appears that the main front links seem the same, but there "3rdlink" is quite a-bit longer with an interesting bend in the fork of the 3rd link.

I have modified my 3rd link to attach to the top of the diff.......not installed as of yet though. Was looking for information on this new 3rd link and how it is attached. TIA

Come on somebody........I thoguht this was an XJ forum :D otherwise I will just do the typical 3link set up with a modified RockKrawler long arm set :D ....................I wonder if this will void any warranties :D

Thanks Stick..........kewl site for sure and some great and interesting ideas to kick around.............wheres my welder :D

Better up your car and life insurance for when that third arm breaks and the front axle rolls out from under your Jeep. :fuse:

I have the newer rockrawler setup in the front, and i would go and take a few pics. for you, but i live in nw n.c. and we are dealing with whats left of the huracane. Off of the top of my head i can't tell you the exact differences with the new versus old arms, but I know the newer is longer.Sorry for not much help.

Its kewl hope all is well on the most part in your hood.........

But does the the new 3rd link attach to the stock location above the diff? The old version Rockkrawler had was kinda bizzar which had a bracket that welded around the spring/shock perch which I did not like due to the fact it bent this long a$$ bolt used to mount the 3rd link

My setup does attach at the stock location on top of the diff, and mounts back almost even with the lca, but of coure inboard of the unibody drop.Hope this helps alittle

So the 3rd link does not attach to the drivers side lca anymore? Or it does still just a new axle location obviously.......TIA

No the upper link ataches beside the lower control arm mount beside unibody drop area. Not made like a radius arm,or any thing like that.

Back