• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OPINIONS ON 3" BDS 4 98 XJ

98_jeep_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have narrowed my lift down to a 3" BDS new coil and rear leaf spring incledes shacks, transfer lowering kit, anti sway bar drop kit, front lower control arms and steering stabilizer, w/ all hardware. I'm going to replace all bushings and cushions and new tie rod ends. Looks like I'll come in just a little over a grand. Anyone had experience with BDS? THe retailker said the only problem I would have is taking off rear shock tops already broke those and had repaired, should be a fun day under the ole girl and then it'll be just like new. Then on to the next project exhaust stem to stern.

Im a cheap bastard but a grand sounds like alot. I am running the cheap rough country 3" from JC Whitney. Its like $135 shipped and it flexes like mad. Got a cheap budget boost and now new week I will be running 34's. I would think that you could put together a Rustys lift or R.E. cheaper than the BDS. Plus the shocks can be bought cheap and the Transfer case drop can be homemade for about $10 or less. Just my 3 cents.

That does sound pretty high for that kit. You can get an RE 3.5" superflex kit with leaf packs with change to spare. With $1000 budget, you can probably add an RE hack and tap SYE and CV driveshaft and to heck with the TCase drop.

well if your set on the bds stuff, i like mine. ive got the 3 inch kit, plus 2 inch spacer in the front and a shackel in the rear. it flexes very well, and rides pretty good on the road too. you cant beat there warrenty tho, if ANYTHING EVER breaks take it back and get a new one, no questions asked. ive heard that bds pretty much has some of the lowest spring rates out there, dont realy have any numbers to back it up, just what ive heard.

kolby

I love my BDS lift have there 3" on my 01 Cherokee rides great flexes great plenty of room for 31x10.50r15 even tried a buddies set of 31x11.50r15 Kumho m/t's no problems.Not sure where your getting your lift but a grand seems a bit much.I got mine at JDS Offroad great customer service and shipped to me in less then a week.www.jdsoffroad.com

Any questions feel free to ask did the install myself with some help of a friend and his lift and shop.

Back