• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Toe Adjustment

rws

NAXJA Forum User
After installing a 3" lift I have 1/2 inch of toe in using the tape measure method. To adjust this do I just turn the tie rod or do I also have to turn the drag link also? It seems to me that I would leave the steering wheel locked then turn the draglink to adjust right toe then turn the tie rod to adjust left toe. Do I want the wheels on the ground oe off??

Get the wheels off the ground, and all you turn is the long tie rod bar itself. It is set up so that if you turn it clockwise while facing the pass. tire, it adds toe in, and vice versa. It is very easy. You don't turn the drag link or either tie rod end to do it. You may need to turn the drag link to adjust steering wheel position, and it works the same way.

Tape Measure Method: Stick a small pin into the center of the tire at the 3 oclock position on both front tires and measure the distance between the pins then back the vehicle up till the pins are at the 9 oclock position and repeat the meaurement. The diference is the amount of toe in or toe out.

The best way i have found to do this is with a spring loaded curtain rod. I marked the rod at 1/8" intervals with a ruler for referrence. I put it on the lip of the rim at 3 o'clock and roll it to 9 o'clock just like the pin method. Adjust till the front is the same a s the back.

Mike

So.... back to the origional question. I just raise my front tires off the ground,leave the steering wheel locked and turn the tie rod to the desired toe setting ?

Two yard stick and two zip ties is my favorite tool. I always have mine towed in a bit, (closer at the front) like a quarter inch. I had mine done and then read about doing it myself so I went out and took measurements and that was how it was set. That was with 32’s and now I guess with 33’s it would be slightly different. Anyone know the spec?

Back