• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mini skid ?

Fenris

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,
Can you just weld skids on with the control arm (RE orbital joint) still in the bracket? Will this fry the nylon in the joint? If you remove arm, weld skids, and then replace arm is there a chance of heat distortion. thanks

I had my mini skids welded on while my RE arms were left in place. I asked the guy that did my welding if I needed to remove them, and he told me he could weld them on without damaging the joints. The guy doing the welding was really good at what he did, so I took his word for it. Worked fine.

YMMV depending on who does your welding. At least make them aware of what you have nearby where you need welding done.

Ivan

Tack weld them in place with the LCAs installed. Then remove the LCAs, finnish weld the skids on, paint, and reinstall the LCAs. That would be the safest way.

Back