• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB Question

Jason A-33

NAXJA Forum User
I have a problem with my ARB compressor. I turn on the compressor, the light comes on, but the motor does not cycle on. I turn the locker and it sends air to the locker and it works. I turn off the locker and it turns off and the air releases like it's supossed to. I have done this over and over, but the compressor still does not cycle on. Shouldn't it cycle on as the pressure releases? Could the relay is shot?

Yes! As the line slowly bleeds out the compressor should come on and fill the line so that the locker doesn't unlock. That is how mine have always worked.

When I use it to pump up my tires I leave the vehicle running and once you hook up the air line it will run constantly until you release the air line, so long as the comp switch is on.

It sounds like it could be a solenoid to me.

I've had that happen on my old CJ. Turns out it was some loose wires under the dash. Check all of the wires for the compressor.

Back