• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjustable fuel pressure regulator

Nick

NAXJA Member #690
Is anyone running an adjustable FPR? I know that hesco sells them for 200+ but Holley makes one for 80. How do I measure the fuel pressure so that I can adjust the FPR to 43psi? Thanks

regulator

SHould be a schrader type valve looks like tire valve on fuel rail, and requires special fuel pressure gauge to measure, thats how shops do it. John

john do I start the engine when testing the pressure or will I just turn the ignition to just before cranking to pressurize the system? Thanks for your help.

I test mine by getting a pressure with the engine running and not running. I just used an inexpensive fluid pressure guage and a length of tube clamped to the schrader valve, with the valve core removed.

There are all kinds of trick pressure regulators out there, I'll eventually need on that adjusts fuel pressure by the amount of turbo boost it senses. I think Blitz and greddy make ones like this for the turbo import scene.

CRASH

Holley Adj Reg?

Holley makes one for $80 - but does it fit the Jeep 4.0 fuel rail? I haven't researched that but I'll bet its for Mustangs, - not many suppliers have stuff for us Jeepers.

Back