• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

compuShift plus ?

don35414

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for feed back from users of the "compushift plus" in their aw4 transmissions. good or bad. thanks in advance... 99" sport.

scoobyxj said:
i wouldn't use it. think about if chrysler whanted it in there it would have been in it from the factory.

So is that the same thought for all the mods we do to XJs????

hinkley

scoobyxj said:
i wouldn't use it. think about if chrysler whanted it in there it would have been in it from the factory.
Trust me...as much as I like jeeps....Chrysler did NOT think of everything from the factory...First of all the AW4 isn't even a Chrysler product...its a Toyota... Second of all...it is the WORST idea ever not to be able to switch between first and second gear. I rigged one up on my own but from what I heard you can't do that on the newer ones...I would say go for it. I haven't heard anything too bad about them. My dad has one in his 90...he has had it there for about 5 or 7 years and never had a problem with it.
Just my .02 :looney:

Back