• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 heater core no PN?

2jeepowner

NAXJA Forum User
I've called just about everywhere for a heater core. The stealership wants $150 for a heater core. I think that is a bit too much. Has anyone come across this problem and has found a cheaper core besides a used one? Why are all other cores for YJ's, CJ.s and ZJ's $40? Any info would help

thanks guys

I purchased my heater core for my 88 XJ from the modine distributor. I have one in my town so it was easy. I looked and they only have on in Minn, it located at:

2055 White Bear Avenue, Suite B
Maplewood MN 55109-3706
United States
651-773-3860
651-773-3865 fax

I paid $30 or 35 for the heater core and they had it the next business day. Modine is a very good name in radiators and have had good luck with their products...

Also call radiator shops and ask them what they want, you may also want to talk to them about installing it, what I hear it is a real pain to change, on my 88 you have to pull out the AC evaporator before you can get to the heater core.

Last edited:
Thanks Martin. I've called just about every radiator shop in the yellow pages and not much luck. I will give that modine a try after this holiday weekend. As for someone else installing it, I'm kind of looking foward to pulling the dash apart to get to the heater/ac housing. I figure it would be a good time to flush the radiator and put in a new 180* thermostat. I appreciate the work you went through to find a place nearest me.

Back