• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feedback on these steel taillight housings...

AJsArmor

NAXJA Forum User
Have some spy pics of these housings that are going to be made by Full Size XJ Gear and I'd like to get any feedback you guys have on them. Seems a lot of these are popping up and being made but something that separates these I think are that they contour to the bodylines both from the side and the back...
P9050293.jpg

P9050295.jpg

P9050294.jpg

But the other thing is that they can take a beating and survive, they'll run a sidemarker light that won't be exposed and it sounds like the pricing/install is going to be really nice too. Any input/suggestions/comments?

Man, y'all are getting into shaved taillight territory with those bad bois...

ruggedjeep said:
I like them alot especially the way it holds the body line.... now someone make them for 97+... ive seen 3 different people fab these but no one has them for 97+ ... i am willing to donate my car as a prototype if need be... LOL

Mike
Trust me, they're on their way.

Looks awesome! Do you have a ballpark price for the housings? How bout lights?

I like these the best out of all of the ones i've ever seen. :clap:

AJsArmor said:
Any input/suggestions/comments?
Post '97 would be cool. I'd say ditch the oem lenses and put in some recessed some LED clusters or maybe punch in a HD grill w/ the LED's mounted behind. Got LEDs on the brain.

I really like that they are sitting flush of just shy of the body panel. What are they, 1/8" or 3/16" material?

any beeter side profile shots? It's really hard to see how the side lines up with the diamond plate. Cool Idea, but mine area already pretty well protected and the next magor mod will to be to remove the rear half anyways.

well since Richard isn't allowed to talk about them, I will... cause he told me. yes they are shaped to perfectly match the body panels/contours. they will have LED's for brake turn and reverse. the side will have a small grill with a light mounted behind for sidelamps. I wanna say 3/16.
you guys ask about delivery... it took like a week to get the design to the shop and have the prototype that you see in the pics done. Richard is working out the lights to hopefully have these things a complete bolt in design with no wiring or splicing to do. if I had to guess on how long to expect these to be available... I think they might be available in a few weeks to a month.
OH, and they will be powdercoated black, and I wouldn't freight on the pricetag much. a few folks are gonna be a little upset. namely the ones that are marketing there own boxes...

Bent said:
Post '97 would be cool. I'd say ditch the oem lenses and put in some recessed some LED clusters or maybe punch in a HD grill w/ the LED's mounted behind. Got LEDs on the brain.

I really like that they are sitting flush of just shy of the body panel. What are they, 1/8" or 3/16" material?
I second that... will there be a 97+ version available?

He has said on other forums that after production of 84-96 light boxes he indeed will be making 97+. Yippee!!!!!! :roll:

Correction, I will not be packageing them with LEDS, they will come with incondesents or they can just buy the housings and add their own LEDS, all the cutouts for the lights will be a standard size anyway

Back