• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 4.5" coils, What to do about trackbar?

andyr354

NAXJA Forum User
Putting RE 4.5" coils in the front. What should I do about the trackbar? Redrill the bracket for now or make a relocator? Want to put in a RE HD bar and bracket eventually.

Anybody know of a HD bar for sale?

i got rusty's HD track bar for 6 inch of lift and it works great. i also got the HD bracket as well to go with it. you might get away with using the track relocator bracket for a temp thing but it would be better to get the new bar and bracket.

or redrill your trackbar bracket. I did it a week ago and have zero problems

Go ahead and buy the bracket kit and do it right the first time. I have the RE 5.5 HD lift along with the HD track bar and have never had any problems until I laid it on the passenger side in Tellico and bent my track bar a tad and couldn't hardly turn left for the rest of the evening.

Why not just get the RE track bar and instead of getting crazy with the bracket, do yourself a favor and reduce stress as well and get more articulation?

Drill out the track bar mount on the tower to 5/8" then make or find a solid piece of metal bent in a U shape. Get some thick wall DOM and ream it out to 5/8" then weld it to the U so it looks like a tuning fork. Bolt that solidly to the tower. Drill 5/8" or 3/4" hole through the ends of the forks. Then mount the rod end of the RE track bar with the rod end vertical (instead of horizontal) in the fork. Now you don't have to worry about the rod end not having enough angle! I'm gonna do this to mine

I went ahead and ordered a bracket last week. I saved enough buying the bar used to amost pay for a new bracket so I figured what the heck.

Back