• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Safe to run 31x11.5 on 7" wheels??

is it the stock wheel? if it is you might have trouble rubbing your leafs

Ramsey said:
is it the stock wheel? if it is you might have trouble rubbing your leafs

Nah...I have stock Gambler wheels with 32x11.50's on and s10 leafs (wider spring clamps by about 3/4") and mine don't rub on the back. They do however rub the shit out of my lca's.

The general rule of thumb is that the tire should not be more than 4" wider than the rim, which would mean an 11" tire on a 7" rim. But many people have rum 11.5s on 7" rims. It's safe enough.

Clearance is an issue, however, if they are factory rims. Take a look at how close the rear tires are to the leaf springs, then extrapolate to how close an 11.5" tire will be. Then allow for the extra bulging of the sidewall if you air down.

In the front, 10.50s rub significantly on the lower control arms when turning. 11.50s will extend inward an additional 1/2", so the problem will be even worse -- meaning you'll lose even more turning radius.

It's safe, but not an ideal setup.

I ran a 33X12.50 on 15x7 stock rims with 5.25" (I think that is right) BS and only had them rubbing on the front lower control arm.... Now on 15X7 AR rims and 4.5" BS I have no issues at all!

you'll be good to go

I'm running 11.5 on 8's with 3.75 BS (lifted etc).

Eagle already posted the general rule of thumb, you can do it, but it may be problematic.

Kent :roll:

Back