• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocker Panels

fire325

NAXJA Forum User
My rocker panels were rusted out on the outside,so i took a cutoff tool and cut the rest of the metal completely out. Then i sprayed some rust inhibitor on the inside of the rockers. They are in good shape on the inside.
My question is.....would it be ok to leave the rocker panels open on the outside. Or should i cover them with some metal? I have rock sliders to install on the xj. Seems like maybe if i leave them open,i can clean them out easier and keep dirt and debris out. Just hose and go. What do ya think?

Darrell NAXJA #579

You could leavel it open but I wouldn't. 2x6 boxsteel welded in with angle iron attaching it to the floor and you have a really solid rocker. won't even need the rocker guards!!! go to michigan jeepers and check out the write up in the cheroke technical area. Good intel, easy mod!

your jeep will fold in half....

seriously, rockers add some rigidity to the uni-body, and you removed them. weld in some square tubing in place.

Back