• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford TB

M. Lake

NAXJA Forum User
Has there been a determination on which one can be used on the 4.0 HO motor? I have a cross bread '93-'94 motor if it matters!

TIA :repair:

How eazy would it be to apply to the 4.0 intake?

4.0 HO Block, .060 over
4.0 HO Heads, over sized valves
4.2 Crank & Rods
performance cam
2.5" exhaust
Stroker 4.7

To purcase the 62mm for the jeep is over 4 bills and the 65mm mustang TB is $175 and the 70mm is like $8 more. Adjustabe MAP. And some inake work, and it should be close to done. I should get my motor from shop by end of month and would like to get a better TB!

What year viper and motor package? Is it the 68mm for $289? As well, what kind of sencors, or wires need to be changed?

i ran into a company that makes viper t/b for a top viper tuner (hennisey motorsports) just so happens that the bolt pattern from the viper is the same as the 4.0. so be uses the viper casting and adds the items needed to put it on a 4.0. 100% bolt-on.

how much does that run. I'm going to be building a mj for the street and plan on building a kick a$$ 4.0 for it that will make many people unhappy. And if the price is right I'll get that. The only thing i see as a problem is that i'm not sure the hole in the stock intake is big enough for a 68 tb but thats easy enough to solve. Just get a 2000 WJ intake and bore that out.

hum I like need more info though I'm very good with a diegrinder and so cartridge rolls and metal to remove. i need to find my MJ to build now.

I can't access the link! Will the TPS and other do-dads from the Viper TB hook straight in, or do I need to modify?

The stock intake size is only 62MM, so if you go any larger you need to inlarge the opening. I got a 68MM from Flometrics.com, and I just got out the dremel and went at the manifold. If I did it again I would of ported and polished the rest of the manifold, at least a gasket match.

Well the heads are still in shop getting over sized valves and opening up the combustion chamber, and I have a set of Gibson headers waiting to go on after words. I was going to port match them as well as my intake. I have all but the rocker arms to put the motor together, then the intake, fuel injection, and exhaust are next. Want to put a turbo on while the exhaust is getting done. I also want to coat my motor

parts.....http://www.cnnpracing.com/engine_services.htm

http://www.techlinecoatings.com/Retail.htm

If I can bolt the 68mm (Viper ?) on, besides boring, with no other mods to the TB, then that is what I will get!
Thanks Jeeper!

Back