• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats mods do you have : What level your running

Unless I manage to kill my XJ by then it'll be on 5" lift with 33s, 4.56:1 gears, front EZ 297x D30, rear spooled D44 (maybe with R discs and mico-locks f/r?)

Engine/tranny & t case skids + factory fuel tank skid. Mini-truck step/tow R bumper with 2 balls and a hole, no front bumper, tow hooks, a cooler full of Mello Yello and yogurts. I might bring a few tools and spares.

As for level...moderate to low-high . Maybe lead or tail a high-moderate group one day. With no winch, going up lower 2 is probably out...might go down it though LOL. I haven't done slickrock yet or schoolbus hill...and want to. Did guardrail 2x in the MJ, I need to do it in the XJ to get to schoolbus hill. I wonder how the "little" gatekeeper ledge right below the rail is...last time I looked at it (day after we ran it) it looked ugly & fatal (that's why best not to look down while in the Jeep up thar LOL) I'd like to drive mine home from there again, but up upper 2 looks fun if it isn't a waterfall.

My two most recent experiences up there (7-02, 11-02) have been in the XJ open-diff on 33"/4"-+, rainy and sloppy with a 242 that was more 2 than 42 LOL so I beat the shiz out of it in 2x low and we went down upper 2 to 6 to 4 and 5 a couple times. That route is a good moderate trail strech though.

On a clear day, the views up there from all the trails are pretty great!

Last edited:
I have a 99XJ Green

5.5" ORGS lift
33" MTR's
D30/D44 4.56's & ARB's
Super nerfs, ORGS x-member/skid, gas tank skid
ORGS F/R Bumpers w/8000i

I am pretty much game for everything.

I'm gonna stick to the EZ stuff :D I hope I get a winch by then. Oh yeah, here's my mods:

1050588202_FAMILY1.jpg

went last Sat. ran trails 4, 5 & part of 2 NE of Rock Garden, & rd 1 (duh)

no major trail damage or breakage..

open diffs
rock rails
31 bfg at s
3" rusty's + 3/4" spacer fnt.

1050428735_jan_april03_005.jpg

(rock rails not present in this pic, but this wasn't @ Tellico & @ Tellico bumpers & trim weren't present on my rig..)

heres some pics
of Sat. May 10

1052915409_trail4flexin.jpg

on trial 4

1052921270_trail5creekXing.jpg

x-ing creek trail 5

:rolleyes:

I will be running the "extreme" trails I guess. my mods are in the sig. Dave

this recent cherokee has gotten alot further along than the last one; RR 6", spooled dana 44, arb'ed 30 in frnt, 4.56 gears, lots o' trimmin w/ bushwackers, 35" SSRs, all the necessary skids, and all kinds of other doodads. I hope to be in tellico for the crawl (lets do the fun stuff!!!!).....................slickrock is a blast

I'm wanting to run the extreme stuff, I really NEED to make guard rail and helicopter w/o breaking.

36's (maybe 38.5's by then), locked front, spool rear, winch, lotsa body damage already.

1991 comanche
1989 (open) 30 with 4.56s
1995( open) 8.25 with 4.56s
8 1/2 lift (rustys @ RE)
custom front and rear driveshafts
1995 nv231
33 12.50 15 new firestones that they just came out in 2003
35 12.50 15 ATs
brand new 4.2 motor and rustys motor mount
new gdi 3 core radiator

(THE TRUCK AS BEEN LITTLE BIT DAMGAE BY ROLLING TWO TIMES OFF THE HIGHWAY !)

I will TRY to run any trail. Weather the Jeep makes it is another question, Thats what spare parts and a winch is for right?:D

I will probally end up sticking in the moderate trails and maybe trying some hard stuff depending if its wet or dry. Whats the worse that can happen? I get stuck.

AARON

With 38's ,beedlocks,9",hp44,513's, ARB,detriot,warn shafts ctm joints,full cage,and the best tool of all...A powerstroke ford and a gooseneck trailer...I'll probably keep it sain and just ride trail one, lol:arrowr: :D

Back