• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recommend some control arms.....

jpnut2

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for some adjustable control arms for my 91 XJ with 4.5" of lift.
I have found a bunch of different ones and don't know which ones to get.
Any suggestions? :dunno:

jpnut2 said:
I am looking for some adjustable control arms for my 91 XJ with 4.5" of lift.
I have found a bunch of different ones and don't know which ones to get.
Any suggestions? :dunno:
RE Adjustable superflex :D

XJEEPER said:
Word.....
For some reason that's what I was thinking as well...
werd.gif
:D

Has anyone tried the Tera Flex flex arms? I was looking at those to replace my 8" Sky Jacker upper and lowers.

Any of you got 8" lift using the Rubicon Express or Tera Flex upper and lowers?
Seems to be a bit difficult finding replacements with 8" lift.

Thx...

RE is what you will hear everyone blab about.

Try Currie, Tomken or JKS.

Stay away from Rancho, their square design sucks as far as droop goes. From the reading on Tera arms, then tend to develop slop in the threaded portion of the arm. JKS is a similar design to the Teras, but was done in higher quality way.

I have a sset of hybrid Tera/RE arms that work just fine to me, and are adjustable. We'll see how they hold up to the wheeling and driving I do.

Fergie

rusty's

cheers,

jj

I'm had the best luck with JKS and then RE Superflex in that order. They were replacement for some that didn't work. Now I make my own as it is cheaper and stronger= 2" chrome alloy 4130

Danno said:
I'm had the best luck with JKS and then RE Superflex in that order. They were replacement for some that didn't work. Now I make my own as it is cheaper and stronger= 2" chrome alloy 4130

and your low low price would be ??? :cool:

Northern Pride said:
Someone posted pics of Rusty's junk a while back all busted up!:twak:

in that case i guess i should post a pic of my rusty's arms that have lasted me close to 3 yrs and then everyone will want them.

cheers,

jj

he was also running dana 60's and and some big ass tires.

The only two issues I have heard of 'bout the Tera type arm is #1 PRICE

#2 They do not allow for laterel movement as well as the RE super flex or Jonny joint type end. There was concern with this because of the unibody sheet metal mounting locations as opposed to those vehicles with "real" frames.
I went with the RE superflex, Adj. upper and lower. I figured for the extra $50 per pair I had more options to accomidate any unknown (at the time) front changes I might want to make in the future.
The only issue I had was I didn't get the jamb nuts tight enough in the beginning, no biggie.:doh:

WOW....i guess its RE super flex then...........
Do any of you with the super flex have to rebuild the joints very often?
I have heard pluses and minuses to both the rod end and the rubber mounted
ends on the different control arms.
Also, I will be getting the dropped control arm brackets. Do the RE super flex come in different lengths?

Thanks again

"Do the RE super flex come in different lengths?"

DUH!!!!! they are adjustable...........ok dumb question :looser:

What do you guys think of the rockkrawler LA upgrade? It appears they only use one upper control arm. Does it flex ok AND give a controlled ride on road?

Thanks again

Back