• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It actually works, somewhat....

PeterBuilt

NAXJA Member #342
First off i want to tell everyone how much of a good time that i had this weekend. Hung out with the best group of guys and girls out there. Saturday was a good day with mitch, ben, nick and i running pick your poison. all had fun and we didnt have any breakage. Later we split up and thats where it went downhill with me. Got hung up on one of the sherbert rock trails (actually one that i help cut) and put a hole in my dif cover and took off a shock mount. fixed the hole with ducktape and rtv. Then on sunday i was at sherbert rocks again and after lunch i noticed that i had taken out a front axle u-joint. Then we got lost and ended up on middle whompum. well was climbing the rock slab and right when i was almost up i took out a rear shaft. winched up and was fixing it when i hear a big bang, steve twisted a rear driveshaft in half. But other than the breakage of parts and people, i had a blast and i cant wait to get out there again. Ben hope you got home ok driving with the left leg. we will get that steering done soon. later

PeterBuilt

Steering box/rear window

Hey there! I have your parts ready to go call me whan you are ready to pick them up. You can come check out my rig and my small block conversion k

Really really wish I were there. I was stuck saturday swapping out the swapped in electric cooling fan for another engine driven fan. I've had enough of that damn flexalite 110 they can suck a nut. Anyhow I hope we can do some offroading someplace before I have to go away for a long time in the USAF.

So now that I work anyone up for wheeling? haha

Somewhat?

Pete, your XJ made those trails look easy. All you did was break the weakest links in your drivetrain and the under-protected items on the chassis. I think you should be very pleased with the rig you've built... it looks & wheels awesomely!

I would also like to make a shameless plug for AMC... they designed one hell of a truck in the MJ. My longbed 4.0 5-speed with a 3.55 D44 rear pulled Big Orange on a rickety flatbed trailer up to Paragon & back with the only failure being a leaking upper radiator hose. My estimate was about a 5500 lb load without sway control, weight distribution, or trailer brakes. (I know that wasn't the safest rig, but you work with whatcha got!)

Who needs a Superduty when an MJ is easy to park and can tow twice its own weight?

Back