• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

starter solenoid problem

afjeep2082

NAXJA Forum User
ok I was in the peocess of dropping my oil pan and while taking off the starter, do know how I let myself do this :doh: , I somehow got side-tracked and didn't disconnect the bettery and well as I was getting both the wires on the starter off the top bigger one fell onto the smaller post for the small wire and sparked. I haven't checked my C/B's yet I'm sure I'll find at least one blow'n but will this damage the starter solenoid? also is there anything else I should check for damage? I'm still working on the jeep for now so I can't try and start it yet. any help would be great!

1993 4.0L automatic

All it did was provide 12 volts to a terminal that receives 12 volts. I doubt it did any damage, but if it did -- the solenoid is replaceable without replacing the entire starter. The solenoid costs about 30 clams at Auto Zone.

Back