• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crazy Flex

XJ_ranger

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
XJ_ranger said:
anyone have any pics of XJ's flexed this much?
-XJ_ranger

Def a YJ.

Here are a couple of my fav flex pics:

Nice700.jpg

Nice940.jpg

ok, i know its a yj, regardless its still awesome!

i just wanted to see pictures of crazy flexed out XJ/MJ's

anyone got anymore?

Last edited:
BajaXJ92 said:
All that flex is completely worthless.

:rolleyes:

I'd like for you to expand on this statement. Flex(and lots of it) definately has its place. I'd prefer to have a tire drooping 3' below my rig than 5' up in the air(ever heard about center of gravity?) Also, while there may be minimal contact pressure, there is still something close to the ground trying to grab that next little edge to propel me in the direction I'm hoping to go.

evilpresence said:
That flex isn't very safe.

I'd like for this to be explained too. Shall we go back to the center of gravity statement?

OneTonXJ said:
I'd like for you to expand on this statement. Flex(and lots of it) definately has its place. I'd prefer to have a tire drooping 3' below my rig than 5' up in the air(ever heard about center of gravity?) Also, while there may be minimal contact pressure, there is still something close to the ground trying to grab that next little edge to propel me in the direction I'm hoping to go.

I'd like for this to be explained too. Shall we go back to the center of gravity statement?

The flex Gimick statement mostly applies to leaf spring suspensions. Any flex gimic like teraflex shackles on leafs are gimicks, they improve wheel travel but drastically impare axle control and traction. These systems have issues with steep hill climbs..you could also mount some leafs completely inborad to your frame rails and get sick wheel travel and really bad body roll.....

Im building my rear 4link for added traction and stability not added flex over my leafs. But I should get additional flex too. A 4link can have better or worse body roll characteristics over leafs reguardless of the amount of flex....

On a 4-link your links always have axle control unlike leafs, but if your shocks and or coils are mounted too narrow to alow more flex youll have really bad body roll. Shocks that angle in to the center of the body have poor control on the body. Body roll can just determin your drving style, where as poor traction leaves you stuck.

Back