• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gross Polluter Update!

Cherokid

NAXJA Forum User
The new numbers are: HC max 123 measured 65 CO max 0.73 measured 0.14 NO max 1015 measured 312. New vac lines, O2 sensor and thorough warmup did the trick. I almost failed because on a faulty gas cap...that I just replaced! Ya gotta love CA smog rules. Many thanks to those who responded for your suggestions. :cheers:

I'm glad it worked out for you.

I took mine in for its bi-annual enima yesterday ... the XJ passed gas and broke the machine. Just kidding. But the machine did break because it wouldn't register speed, so I have to go back.

The fool tried to blame it on my bigger tires ... LOL.

I'll post my results in a few days. I'm doing a test to see if the XJ can pass with 2-year old plugs, dirty air cleaner and crankcase oil/filter that's a month old...

You know AAA has smog inspection stations now ... and if it doesn't pass you don't get charged for the re-test. You can get a smog test and DMV registration in one place ... cool ! I can't wait until 2006.

Again, congratulations !

cyberbackpacker said:
What happens in 2006? Just went through this crazy Cali smog check for the first time, and it sucked! Are we going to get leniencies in 2006?

No No ... If you wish, you can get your smog checked ... and pay your DMV fees and insurance premium ALL in one stop ... at AAA. That's when my bi-annual enima is due again. Fun times huh ?... if they make it a drive-thru, you can have a beer while you wait.

As far as 2006 ... yea, the terminator will give you concessions alright ... as long as your XJ runs on Hydrogen.

But I wouldn't worry about it until then.

Back