• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

antifreeze smell/ heater core question.

2jeepowner

NAXJA Forum User
I own a 98XJ and have been smelling antifreeze really bad inside and outside of the vehicle. I doesn't matter if the heat or air is on/off, or if I run the fan through any vents or not. I have not had any antifreeze loss as of this occurance. And there is not any leaking on the passanger side floor. My windshield does tend to fog up in the middle and towards the passanger side. If the problem is indeed a heater core, does anyone know where to find one? I've tried Napa, Autozone, Partsamerica, pepboys etc. and supposedly they list that a heater core is "not available" for my make or model. Any help would be great

Thanks

you may not see it but is your carpet wet up near the heater core. Are you loosing fluid ? If so it's going somewhere. Look at the upper portion of the carpet on the passenger side and see if it's wet. The padding underneath can hold a lot of liquid.

good luck.

Back