• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

are XJ disks off of the d44A the same as the d35 ones?

bradlyw

NAXJA Forum User
i came accross a deal on ZJ disk parts of of a d44A. i know the disks off of the d35s in the XJ can be swapped over with a little modification. are the ones on the d44A the same? TIA

Brad

I think you have a mixed metaphor going here. The XJ never came with rear disk brakes, not on any axle used from the factory. Are you asking if the ZJ disks can be used on an XJ D35, or are you asking if they can be used on an XJ D44?

well i knew that the disks off of a XJ d35 can be used on an XJD44. i have an XJ D44 in the rear of my cherokee. i have a line on disk parts off of a ZJ Alum. D44 and wanted to know if those would swap over to the XJ D44 in the same fashion.

i know, its confusing to word the question. TIA

Brad

bradlyw said:
well i knew that the disks off of a XJ d35 can be used on an XJD44.

I repeat -- the XJ never had disks, not on any axle. Am I correct that you just want to know if ZJ disks can be swapped onto an XJ Dana 44 with stock drum brakes?

sorry man, i've been sick the past couple days...guess i'm not thinking straight. i meant that i know that ZJ d35 disks can be swapped onto the XJ d44 with slight mods, i wanted to know if the disks off of the ZJ D44A can be swapped over to the XJ d44 in the same manner.

sorry for the confusion.

Brad

I saw a writeup recently where a guy put ZJ disk brakes onto a chrysler 8.25
Other tha a little grinding to the backing plate, it bolted right up!

Back