• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

some last minute things to think about..

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
just a few days away.... i just want to remind everyone of a few things..
make sure you have covered AT LEAST the minimum saftey requirements as previously posted..

plan on feeding yourselves.. we will probably do a group BBQ but dont show up with no food...

dress/pack with the understanding that the weather forcast will most liely change BEFORE the end of the weekend, although it looks good so far... it can get pretty chilly up on the mountain at night..

if you forget something, you can get it in town..

as stated before.. ABSOLUTLEY NO ALCOHOL will be tolerated during this event.. this includes the camp afterwards as well.. it is a state law that alcohol is prohibited in state parks... you may think i'm pointing out something incredibly obvious, however there is ALWAYS someone who either doesnt care or claims ignorance and pops a "pop" at the camp...

i guess thats it for now... just remember .. this is very primitive camping.. that means "pit toilets"... and no running water... there are alot of bears on the mountain and they regularly visit looking for a snack...

CB radio or a hand-held FRS radio... not required but it sure makes life easier when we can talk to eachother without stopping the whole group...

if you have a grill bring it along.. earle and i have small grills.. easier to feed a big group when we dont have to share a small grill....

firewood.... does anyone have a wood pile at home???? we can buy wood but at $5 a bundle it gets 'spensive... if someone could grab some at home that would help.. otherwise if a few of us buy a bundle we will have plenty....

Back