• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bronze shims?

this question cannot be answered without knwoing what type of "bronze" you are using and where and how they'll be used. Or did you mean "bushing"?

if you mean shims for the area between the perch and leaf spring, I would have to ask, "what the hell is wrong with steel?"

Beezil said:
this question cannot be answered without knwoing what type of "bronze" you are using and where and how they'll be used. Or did you mean "bushing"?

if you mean shims for the area between the perch and leaf spring, I would have to ask, "what the hell is wrong with steel?"
Yeah.. degree shims that go between the perch and leaf springs. The folks at the shop said that this is the new way to go... and them being local and me needing shims ...I got a set. But now I'm wondering....

Beezil said:

I second the sentiment...

Lawn Cher' said:
I second the sentiment...
Hmmm well I guess I'll see how they end up working out for me. They are a fairly big spring shop and have been in business for a while catering to everyone from off roaders to jeep speed.....

there is absolutly no reason at all to use bronze.

*most* bronze types aren't better suited to the task as steel is.

ask them "why?"

edit: also ask them what type it is.

if they can't tell you the type, usually expressed numerically, they're not as qualified as you believe them to be

Beezil said:
there is absolutly no reason at all to use bronze.

*most* bronze types aren't better suited to the task as steel is.

ask them "why?"

edit: also ask them what type it is.

if they can't tell you the type, usually expressed numerically, they're not as qualified as you believe them to be
Will do.. thanks Beez

I have had no problems with my thermoplastic shims.
They were designed by a friend of mine who is an engineer.
Well, he wears one of those striped hats.
Either way, they are BEEFY!
HTDNH

Back