• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.10's

xjrugger

NAXJA Forum User
what do u think of these on my stocker dd. The power off the line would be great but will my highway rev be too high? I only run about 80-100 lbs of cargo on a 99 4.0. also what if i added a throttle body spacer to. I just want to get it a little more power.

xjrugger said:
what do u think of these on my stocker dd. The power off the line would be great but will my highway rev be too high? I only run about 80-100 lbs of cargo on a 99 4.0. also what if i added a throttle body spacer to. I just want to get it a little more power.
By "stocker" do you mean street tires? (225s-235s) That would work great. 4:10s will be fine up to around 31s.
Spacers are NOT worth the cash, IMO. I had much better results with a bored TB.
Now, DO A SEARCH! ;)

but from what i understand isn't the 99 4.0 a 60mm tb anyway, so a bored would only be 62mm, right? And yes its stock tires. What do u think the max speed is on an all stock 99, im sure i will lose a little but its not like i travel over 100mph ever so i would be willing to compensate a little off the top to leave more seta off the line. Plus it would be great to dust more rice rockets with big huge bleacher looking spoilers. hahaha

5sp. or auto? I run 4.10's with 33's on a 5-sp. and I think it's perfect for highway driving, right around 3000 rpm's at 85mph, which is the speed I cruise at on long trips. If you're going to take yours up to 100mph with stock tires then I think 4.10's would be too low with a 5 sp. If you have an automatic, then you already have 3.55's, so 4.10 isn't as much of a jump and would probably be ok.

forgot to mention that, its an auto. I have 4.88's and 35 on my 88 and its great on the high way. The 99 will never see anything more than gears and steel bumpers. I think 4.10's would be great with stock tires

I ran 235/75s on my MJ w/ 4.10s and the 4.0L/auto combo

I LOVED it. had no trouble doin 90, and the torque convertor lockup didn't work so I was pushin almost 4000rpm at that speed.

you'll love it. hell, it was nice off road too. I could do some things that guys w/ 31s on XJs w/ stock gearing couldn't do (with the 235/75s)

your RPM will go up 15% from 3:55 if you keep stock tires.

You will definatly feel it off the line, and highway engine speed will go up about 300rpm.

BTW if you put 31" on it, you will return to stock RPM/torque.

Back