• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What length rear drive shaft?

seanR

Want to puff on my pipe?
NAXJA Member
I (we) got the flange put on the out put shaft Sat.
I need to order a drive shaft.
I held the axle up to the springs with a floor jack and measured the distance from the pinion yoke to the flange.
35"
Now there was no weight on the springs at the time so I s'pose that wold be about as long as the D/S will stretch, right?

What lenght drive shaft should I order?

I am using new springs that I just put together so I dont know exactly what lift they will give.

I am guessing 5"-6"?

seanR said:
I (we) got the flange put on the out put shaft Sat.
I need to order a drive shaft.
I held the axle up to the springs with a floor jack and measured the distance from the pinion yoke to the flange.
35"
Now there was no weight on the springs at the time so I s'pose that wold be about as long as the D/S will stretch, right?

What lenght drive shaft should I order?

I am using new springs that I just put together so I dont know exactly what lift they will give.

I am guessing 5"-6"?
any chance you can bolt things up and take it for a spin around the block in front wheel drive? Cause at this point I think it's anyones' guess. Anyways I'd bolt things up but not torque it down to spec yet and load up the rear and see where that takes me.

Kejtar said:
any chance you can bolt things up and take it for a spin around the block in front wheel drive? Cause at this point I think it's anyones' guess. Anyways I'd bolt things up but not torque it down to spec yet and load up the rear and see where that takes me.

Axle is not together, It is sitting in the garage waiting to be regeared, I am too helpless to do it.

If that is the case, I will just wait untill the axle is complete and installed before I order it.

seanR said:
Axle is not together, It is sitting in the garage waiting to be regeared, I am too helpless to do it.

If that is the case, I will just wait untill the axle is complete and installed before I order it.

If I was you I'd bolt it up and let it sit on the axle so that the springs would start to settle. Keep in mind it's not an overnight process :D My 3.5" RE packs took about 5 months to settle to over 4"

Back